Conference & Banqueting Manager to join our team
We are looking for an experienced Conference & Banqueting Manager to join the team at the Lough Rea Hotel & Spa. The award-winning hotel caters for all conference needs and requirements for up to 500 delegates. Our facilities range from intimate Meeting Rooms to a Grand Ballroom, providing our guests with the most up-to-date technology. Our conference centre is specially designed offering state of-the-art audio & visual equipment and a wide range of flexible conference rooms. We pride ourselves in delivering consistent quality standards and exceptional customer care in exceeding our client’s expectations.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing company in Ireland with great career progression. If you feel you have the desire and skills necessary to succeed as a Conference & Banqueting Manager, then please apply below.
Operations Manager & General Manager
The Conference & Banqueting Manager will have need previous experience working in a 4 or 5 star hotel – Functions, Weddings & Events an important criteria. The candidate will need supervisory or management experience, ideally 2 years or more in a similar role. As a Conference & Banqueting Manager you will be expected to maintain and provide excellent guest service at all times and lead and support the Conference and Banqueting Team
The job will be shift work and this includes weekends.
Duties and responsibilities of the Conference & Banqueting Manager:
- Effective planning and organisation of the department, making necessary decisions within given guidelines
- Ensure that the department operates in a customer focused manner, always striving to exceed guest expectations
- Carry out Duty Management shifts, ensuring the smooth operation of the business and the safety of staff and guests
- Manage & motivate staff, complying with employment law and company policies/procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the hotel events and promotions
- Take an active interest in the sales function of the hotel
- Implement the hotel’s standards & procedures and ensure the team are always representing the brand effectively
- To be familiar with all SOP’s and to ensure that these are being adhered to throughout the department
- Actively seek to achieve set goals and targets
- Manage and drive quality of hotel and service
- Ensure productivity within the Conference & Banqueting Team
- Ensure customer care and guest satisfaction at all times
- Complete reconciliation & banking on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring there are no billing discrepancies
- Complete orders for the department and manage house stock levels
- Ensure efficient planning of the Team’s rota in accordance with business needs
- Be part of the management team in the hotel, ensuring brand standards are delivered throughout
- Conduct monthly stock takes
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems & procedures
- Dealing efficiently with day to day operation and guest service queries
- To ensure adherence to all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Be flexible at all times in order to cover the unexpected needs of the Hotel and outlets
- Articulate and communicative
- Takes own initiative
- Numerate, financially aware with effective decision making
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organised and systematic
- Concern for quality of product and service
- Computer literate
- Market awareness
- Proven leadership ability
- Bachelor’s diploma / degree in hotel management preferred, but not essential.
- 2 years of prior hotel supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Apply: Please forward your most recent career details in the strictest confidence to: Angela Burke, Human Resources, Loughrea Hotel and Spa, Loughrea, Galway. Tel.: 091-880088 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Manager to join our team
Main Purpose of Positon:
The Sales and Marketing manager will manage maximizing the hotel's revenues by developing programs to increase occupancy and make profitable use of accommodation, meeting and spa facilities.
- Will be responsible for coordinating marketing and promotional activities to meet customer needs, working closely with other hotel staff to ensure customers are satisfied with the facilities and their time there.
- Monitor customer reviews on your own website or on hotel booking sites to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your hotel.
- Review travel industry research to identify trends that could affect the hotel.
- Developing promotions to increase occupancy during times of the year when bookings are low.
- To build a stable revenue base and ensure high levels of repeat business, you need to develop strong customer relationships.
- Work closely with other members of the hotel management team to identify marketing priorities.
- Implement Group strategies and plans and contribute to the development of these plans.
- Manage, develop and motivate the Sales and Marketing team.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Have a track record of successfully sales and marketing within the hotel industry.
- Has the leadership and innovation to drive the business.
- Be a self-starter who has the capacity to operate with little supervision.
- Have a proven ability to offer and implement independent solutions to various issues as they arise.
- Be sales and business focused.
- Ability to demonstrate strong financial understanding, a real understanding of customer care and an in depth knowledge of all aspects of hotel operations
To apply for the above exciting opportunity please submit your up-to-date CV along with brief cover note quoting job title.
Chefs of all levels to join our expanding team.
Main Purpose of Positon:
To support the Head Chef in maintaining the smooth of the kitchens.
- To cook and prepare fresh dishes to the approved standard of presentation and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen to the highest standard
- Have a strong awareness and compliance with all Health & Safety work practices and HACCP. A team player.
- Be knowledgeable of the day's business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the Food & Beverage outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, .
The ideal candidate must have:
- A passion for food and cooking.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as using your own initiative.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
Please forward your details to:
Angela Burke HR, Loughrea Hotel and Spa, Loughrea, Galway. Tel; 091-880088