Things To Do in Galway
Loughrea town is located 22 miles south east of Galway city, on the northern shore of Lough Rea. The pretty town centre is a 10 minute walk from our hotel with many small shops, restaurants and pubs.
We are only 20-25 minutes drive from Galway city and 1¾ hours from Dublin. Galway Airport, Shannon Airport and Knock Airport are all easily accessible.
The town is located at the junction of the N6 route between Dublin and Galway and the N66 to Gort. Loughrea is 5 minutes from the M6 Galway to Dublin motorway via the N65 from junction 16.
Loughrea is regarded by many as the heart of county Galway. There are many places to explore within a short drive or Loughrea’s central location makes us the ideal base for exploring west of Ireland highlights including Connemara, the Burren, midlands and Galway city.
Destinations near Loughrea:
- Galway City – 25 min
- Connemara – 45 min
- The Burren – 35 min
- Athlone – 30 min
Small towns and places of interest:
- Athenry, heritage town – 20km
- Clarinbridge, famous for its sea food and annual autumn oyster festival – 25km
- Gort, historic town, William Butler Yeats tower, Kilmacduagh Monestary – 24km
- Portumna, River Shannon, Portumna Castle and Gardens – 30km
- Woodford, forest walks and fishing lakes – 23km
- Ballinasloe, Ballinasloe October Horse Fair – 29km